Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where`s Church?

This morning a strange thing happened on the way to getting ready for church. I was almost dressed in the Sunday ritual when a force outside myself removed those cloths and put on comfortable everydays and a pair of sneakers. This same force placed some reading and writing material in a bag and poured a cup of green tea to go .
I am driving down the street and ask "Ok, where are we going?" No answer so I continue on . A visual comes to mind of a park called Majestic View not far away so that becomes the distination.
It is truly a majestic view of the front range and far enough out to be secluded in the middle of suburbia. I soak up the view, the cool breeze, and sounds of nature.
I open one of the books and read "The closest relationship one has is with oneself We always will have ourselves with us. Do we enjoy the relationship? " Hummmm that is food for thought and apprapo for the occasion. .
Next I read " I revealed Myself to you as the Light of My Presence. I sang you a Love song, whose beginning and end are veiled in eternity. I infused meaning into your mind and harmony intao your heart. Join Me in singing My song.
The third reading from the three I read daily is called "Living is Worthwhile" There is a power greater than we are. There is a love that casts out fear. There is a faith which overcomes all obstructions. The Spirit gently leads me, wisely counsels me. I kow that the love which envelops everything flows through me to everyone, and with it goes a confidence, a sense of joy and of peace, as well as a buoyant enthusiasm and zest for life. There comes back to me today everythig that makes life worthwhile.
I looked out at the expanse of beauty and pondered these words . It was so peaceful and comforting. During meditation I had a feeling of being given strength to cope with the path coming up before us, no matter what happens. Maybe that is why I ended up in this place this morning.
There were fun people passing me by as I sat on that bench enjoying life. All had a good word. I was honoed with the licks and tail wagging of happy dogs. Serious runners gave a wave. I like to think they enjoyed seeing an elderly lady praying in the park early on a Sunday mornig.
Where is church?

No comments: